Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Self Accecptance

Hi Everyone, I hope you are doing well. I am doing good, I think this meditation is a critical step on the road to self improvement and spirital growth. I have sturggled with this, although I find as I get older I have become more forgiving towards myself and accepting of my faults. I wake up everyday teachable and hope to stay that way. Weather you take time each day to fully meditate, which would be considered formal meditation or you simply speak these words to yourself informally to change the old tapes in your head, the next time you feel unhappy with yourself for one of your shortcomings that leads you to feel inferior to others and may lead to isolation and a feeling of being seperate from the world, relax take a few breaths and focus on what aspect of yourself you have trouble accepting. Maybe you have trouble making decisions, or you keep making excuses not to exercise! When you bring your shortcomings to mind, try to surround those thoughts with a feeling of loving kindness. You should soon begin to feel the warmth of loving kindness melt your feelings of aversion and dislike, as you begin to accept these parts of yourself. Simply say, "May I accept this part of myself", "May I love myself just as I am." Eventually what you thought was so unacceptable about yourself will turn into more self love and a better state of self worth.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog