Friday, November 27, 2009

Balance The Waves

Photobucket

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are doing well. I am doing good. Had a great Thanksgiving with all of my family. I hope you did too. This loving kindness meditation is very helpful to me at this point in my life. I often feel I am balancing grief and true happiness. Layers of grief have been peeling which is therapeutic. I find myself lately having those "moments" about my mother in law Elsie. I have not really grieved for her, it was to much too soon after losing my mother. It's as if I blocked her death out completely, just went through the motions. The mind is kind and can only handle what it can to survive. I hope this meditation helps you to balance what you need to in your life.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Take Care,
Janet :)

Finding balance sometimes may at times seem like a struggle. Life is filled with extremes, some painful, others pleasurable. You may be grieving over the death of your beloved Grandmother-and a few days later you may be surrounded by family and friends celebrating your birthday or a holiday. How can we hold these two extremes without shutting down?
The Budda said the greatest happiness is to know peace that is unchanged by changing conditions. With this inner stability, you can ride the waves of contrasting emotions and experiences without losing your balance.
The next time you're overwhelmed by the contrast of joy and pain in your life, say these phrases to yourself either formally or informally.
"May I ride the waves of pleasure and pain with ease"
"May I be peaceful and at ease"
It's possible to experience happiness in the midst of pain and sorrow. It;s possible to be happy and sad at the same time. This is part of the balance of life and practicing acceptance of this pleasure and pain dynamic helps us let go of our need to control our experiences. Accepting this duality is the birthplace of balance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog