Saturday, December 4, 2010

Catholic Girl Still Reflects

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I am doing good. Sometimes on a Sunday the Catholic Girl inside of me still reflects back to the fact that Sunday is meant to be a day of religious practice. Although I do not practice a certain religion any more, I still feel a sense of spiritual awareness on this day. So today I thought I would share some inspirational and spiritual quotes I have come across with all of you. They always help me with my perspective on life, and myself, maybe they will do the same for you.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)

Photobucket

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. Joseph Campbell

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

Enlightenment is but a recognition, not a change at all.

The highest love a person can have for you is to wish for you to evolve into the best person you can be. No one owns you, no matter what your relationship.
David Viscott

The spiritual life does not remove us from the world but leads us deeper into it.
Henri J. M. Nouwen

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. By Thomas Merton

It is always the false that makes you suffer, the false desires and fears, the false values and ideas, the false relationships between people. Abandon the false and you are free of pain; truth makes happy, truth liberates. By Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Within the framework of the Buddhist Path, reflecting on suffering has tremendous importance because by realizing the nature of suffering, you will develop greater resolve to put an end to the causes of suffering and the unwholesome deeds which lead to suffering. And it will increase your enthusiasm for engaging in the wholesome actions and deeds which lead to happiness and joy. By Dalai Lama

Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny--he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally--you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you. By Osho

We are not born all at once, but by bits. Mary Antin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive