Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life Is Partly What We Make It, And Partly What It Is Made By The Friends We Choose - Tennessee Williams


Lo and I managed to catch tickets last minute to check out Foreign Exchange at The Roxy last night, and it was definitely good times! It was a much needed break from the monotony we have been experiencing lately, and it felt amazing to just let our hair down and dance to one of our fav groups. There is nothing better than great live music!



Now more than ever I value the phrase "true friend" - Ever notice that when you make the conscious decision backed with the effort to start LIVING your life; certain friends start to reveal themselves? When I was the insecure Nikole who was confused about her direction, and could barely look people in the eye, I was the ultimate sidekick, the bestie, the BFF. Now that I strive to walk in truth, and have made the decision to get out of my own way, I have found that I have become less appealing to some. At first it stung, as I wanted the unwavering support that I gave others. Then I started to realize that in order for true growth to occur, I must begin to get my house in order, and clean up my surroundings. I now know and have accepted the fact that it is ok to move on; it is ok to organically transition out of a situation that isn't conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Jealousy, greed, and competition are not the components of a healthy friendship.

Once I made the decision to transition out of those unhealthy relationships and interact with those on a much higher vibration, I started to feel much better about myself and about my outlook on my future. It seems as though when you plant yourself in love and support, the universe conspires to send blessings your way, and it manifests into an abundance of joy and wealth. Nothing can be denied to you, if you surround yourself in love.

Wearing:
Top: 25cent Goodwill Top
Pants: Zara
All Jewelry: Forever 21
Watch: Michael Kors

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive