Monday, October 18, 2010

We Should All Have One Person Who Knows How To Bless Us Despite The Evidence, Grandmother Was That Person To Me. ~Phyllis Theroux

Sorry for the late post today guys! Great Grandma is in the hospital so I have been spending as much time with her as possible. The time spent with her over the past week has been bittersweet. While I am grateful for being with her during her last days, I haven't quite come to terms with how I am going to deal with her no longer being here in the physical sense. 

On a positive note, we have spent the past week telling stories, looking through old photo albums, sharing lots of laughs, words of wisdom and some occasional hugs and kisses. I am thankful for the opportunity to do that, as many never have the chance to say goodbye. What brings me solace is that my grandma isn't suffering, she said to me; "child, it's ok, you know I can't live forever; I have had a great life and it is time for me to go home". -

We will be back to regularly scheduled blog programming tomorrow and a winner for the most recent giveaway will be announced. I am extending the deadline until tonight at 11:59PST so be sure to get your entry in! 

This past Friday, Lo and I went to Katsuya to catch up, swap stories and take a much needed break from the stressors of work and life.

We started off the night with delicious Apple Martini's

They make them sweet with a bit of a kick!

Our view from the bar

I love the menus at Katsuya! Wondering about that lip color too...lol

I'm not big on Seafood, so I always get chicken. The Panko Chicken is absolutely delish!

However I decided to switch it up this time; I got the Teriyaki Chicken instead!

Lo decided on Teriyaki as well, however she chose rice instead....
I loved the different eyes and lips on display...

I wore my favorite vintage flowy skirt and a wrap around top I made into a crop top

I got rather ambitious and experimented with a bronzer from MAC to highlight my face and accentuate my cheekbones. The jury is out on whether or not I love it...

What I Wore:
Wrap Around Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Thrifted
Clutch: Thrifted
Tights: American Apparel
Lipstick: Ruby Woo with Ornamental Lip Lacquer from MAC 

Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive