Monday, October 25, 2010

Fashion & Beauty Ethos: DIY Art Deco Manicure

This is more than likely the easiest, fuss free nail design I have done to date. Truthfully, I attempted another design prior to this that was an epic fail, so I played around with designs until I came up with this one. I am pretty pleased, you can swap the colors and make Cheetah print nails, or throw some glitter polish to add more of an edge. The good thing about this quick mani is that you don't have to be good at drawing to nail this design, all you need is a steady hand. 

You Will Need:
Base Coat
Main Nail Color [I used Done Out In Deco - OPI]
Darker Accent Color - For larger spots [I used Over The Taupe - OPI]
Lighter Accent Color - For smaller center dots [I used Java Mauve-A - OPI]
Top Coat
Small Paintbrush


1. Paint your nails with a basecoat; my favorite is the protein basecoat from Essie. 

2. Paint your nails with (1) coat of your main color

3. Using a small paintbrush, lightly apply dots of various sizes on each nail with your darker accent color

4. While the darker dots are still wet, lightly apply a smaller dot in the center of the larger dot using a lighter accent color - Allow nails to dry for 15-25 minutes, then apply a top coat! 


5. Enjoy your new nails!

Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive