Monday, September 20, 2010

All About Hair: September's Top Five Under Five


I am always looking for the next best thing. Not necessarily because I am unsatisfied with the performance of my products, but because I want to provide all of you out there with options. Options are a good thing. So is walking into a store with a recommendation in hand versus staring at a bevy of hair products all promising the same thing. 

We're almost halfway through September yet I have stumbled across a few products worthy of mention and most importantly recessionista friendly. Because really, who wants to spend a third of their earnings on hair products? 

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner [$3.99]: This conditioner packs a moisture punch comparable to higher priced conditioners, yet at a fraction of the cost. Hello Hydration is moisturizing enough to be used without heat, however it also makes a wonderful deep conditioning treatment with the addition of steam or a heating cap.

Hello Hydration leaves my strands moisturized, soft, and ultra manageable. For $3.99 I would say this product is a steal.

Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner [$3.99]: This is new to my styling arsenal but I love it nonetheless. It is formulated specifically to address the needs of thick hair which means it is filled with ingredients to hydrate thirsty hair. This conditioner also makes a wonderful leave-in as well [when used sparingly].

Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave-In [$3.99]: Yet another Herbal Essence product. I haven't tried an H.E product that I didn't like; and I hope I continue my winning streak with this brand. This is a thick [it's so thick I have to take off the top to dispense it], creamy leave-in that leaves your hair soft, shiny, and residue free.

If you already have a favorite leave-in yet you want a standby that is cheap and easily accessible, consider this product. If you're leave-in has a hard time keeping your strands moisturized under products like gels, and curl creams; Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship is a great option.

VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner [Strawberry & Creme - $.99]: I purchased this product out of sheer curiosity [It was on sale for .69 cents], and it really blew me away. Granted I recommend leaving it on for at least 20-30 minutes for it to really hydrate the hair, but for under a dollar you really can't beat it. 

For those with thick hair that go through a ton of conditioner, or those that are looking for more of an economical yet effective conditioner, give VO5 Moisture Milks a try. You can literally buy five for the price of one economic conditioner and not feel like you have to ration the product. - This also makes a wonderful co-wash for naturals and transitioners alike.  

ORS Replenishing Pak [$1.29] : I love this product for a few reasons; It's easily accessible, inexpensive and it leaves my hair ridiculously soft and manageable. I usually leave it on for about an hour [without heat], before rinsing with cold water, and a comb could just glide through my hair like butter. 

If you are looking for a consistent and inexpensive deep conditioning treatment; give Olive Oil Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak a try. 
Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive