Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In The Kitchen: Macarons With White Chocolate & Raspberry Ganache

This weekend I was feeling quite adventurous so I made my way over to one of my favorite sites and dug up Helen Dujardin's handy PDF entitled; Demystifying Macarons. I decided to go with the basic French Meringue recipe coupled with a White Chocolate Raspberry Ganache. I'm going to be very honest, these are very temperamental [a few batches completely failed], however the payoff is absolutely divine. They were delicious, not Laduree delicious, but comparable to what you would find in a 'normal' pastry shop. 

I will definitely make them again, however next time I will go easy on the red food color [they were a tad too red], and make sure I pipe evenly so that I don't have lop-sided Macarons [some of mine looked like  prehistoric artifacts]. The key to making Macarons successfully is making sure that you let the egg whites sit out for at least 1-2 days, and also keeping an eye out for the batter so that you don't over-stir. For the recipe and the manual [which I recommend reading over a few times before attempting], please click here.




Follow me on Twitter | Add me on Bloglovin' |   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive