Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Instant Funk: Has Your Style of Dress Changed Since Going Natural?

 [source]

One thing I noticed after I started to embrace my curly mane, is that my selection of clothes became a bit less conservative. While I still lean towards conservative pieces from time to time, wild prints, bold colors, and statement jewelry ran away with my heart. 

I love admiring real people with real style. While I still have fun flipping through the pages of magazines, I find admiring real people more entertaining as they aren't manufactured by editors, stylists and clothing houses to steer you towards trends and designers of the moment. It's more authentic this way. 

Here are a few of my favorite photos of fierce naturals. Have you noticed your style has changed since becoming natural? 
I love bold colors and maxi-dresses with eye-catching patterns!

Cutoff shorts coupled with boots always lends a funky edge to any outfit!

My new favorite vice; color-play. Pair unsuspecting colors together, this helps recycle pieces and gives any outfit more of a highly stylized feel.  

Funky shoes can dress up the most basic outfit!

Experiment with different silhouettes!
While Tracee Ellis Ross is a celeb, I definitely think she has real style. - Over-the-knee skirts and dresses are ultra feminine and sexy! Keep the silhouette clean and slightly fitted to avoid drowning in your garments.

Pattern play is also pretty fun, plus it allows you to get dressed without the hassle of having to match every single piece down to the nail polish. Keep it simple and mix no more than two patterns at a time. A shirt and bag [as demonstrated in this photo] is a good starting point. 

Last but not least, grab a funky friend! 


Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive