Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Hair: Chunky Twist Out On Damp Hair


I tried something slightly new over the weekend. I decided to do a twist out on slightly damp hair in hopes that I would gain some volume and more length with this technique. Although it doesn't have a ton of definition, I like that it is full of body with a loose wave. Here's what I did:

Added dime size amounts of both Chi Silk Infusion and Aveda Destination Smooth to each 1/2 inch section of hair I blow-dried. The Chi Silk Infusion coats the strands preventing frizz, and the Aveda Destination Smooth acts as a heat protectant, and humidity blocker. Both products offer great shine!

I blow-dried each 1/2 inch section of hair until damp on a medium warm setting using my Denman brush to add some additional body. 

After I blow-dried each section, I used a dime size amount of Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia to twist the hair. This has the consistency of a thin hair milk, yet it didn't make my hair revert. 

I had about 15 large twists and let them sit for two hours until dry. The result was hair that is fluffy, soft, with a slight wave. If you want to try this style, keep the following in mind:
  • Larger twists left in a short period of time will yield mermaid-like waves
  • Larger twists left in overnight will yield more of a deep wave
  • Smaller twists left in a short period of time will yield a smaller waves
  • Smaller twists left in overnight will yield more of a defined curl pattern



Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive