Monday, November 22, 2010

My NY Diary PT. 1

Last week my mom and I took a short trip to NY to pick out some fabrics and do a bit of work. I didn't have much time to visit each borough like I would have liked, but it was still fun nonetheless. - The weather was amazing compared to the last time I was in NY for the winter. I was able to get away with a cotton jacket, silk dress, tights and over the knee socks.
We spent the better part of Wed running around sourcing fabrics and tracking down my blackberry I left in a taxi..
 We stopped at the bank first. While there,  I ran into the cutest little boy ever. - I wanted to take him home with me...
My mom picked out some amazing wax prints & batiks!
We were in a warehouse filled with African fabric! 
 After hours of looking through fabric, we made our way down 125th - I am in love with the buildings...
On a sidenote.. I found these cute clogs on sale at DSW for about $20 - They were ultra comfy, I walked in them all day

My hair held up pretty well too. I was a bit hesitant to wear my hair out, as I thought it was going to turn into a big mass of tumbleweed by days end...
My mom and I made our way to Negril for dinner...I had the Village Island Punch
My mom had the mojito
 After a few drinks and lots of laughs with mom, our food finally came. I ordered Jerk Chicken, and decided to also order greens, mac & cheese and yams. 
My mom had the Mojito Baby Lamb Chops
After dinner we were stuffed and happy....we decided to walk off some of our food so we walked to Topshop
My mom took lots of pics for her inspiration board
We ran into a Dean & Deluca on the way...so we grabbed some Earl Grey and a few other goodies...
We finished our night with FELA - It was absolutely amazing from beginning to end :-)


Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive