Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Does Maybelline's Colossal Volum' Express Mascara REALLY Deliver Nine Times The Volume In One Coat?

{My lashes after one coat of mascara} 

Here lately, I have been perusing my local drugstores trying to find products that were reasonably priced, yet effective. While in the cosmetic isle, the bright yellow packaging on this mascara caught my eye. I have never really used drugstore mascara, so honestly my expectations were fairly low. I presume the packaging, price, and lofty claims is what prompted me to toss in it the basket and give it a whirl.
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara
$6.50 Walgreens

Here are the claims:
Creates 9X the volume, instantly
Patented MegaBrush + Collagen Formula plump lashes one by one
Dramatic Volume with no clumps
Washable
My review:
Nine times the volume in one coat? Not really my experience {more like 5}, however; my lashes have never looked this long and have had this much volume with any mascara. The brush is a little big so you need to really keep a steady hand during the application process as to not ruin your eyeshadow with tiny black dots.

Also, if you are going to wear more than one coat of mascara, it is best to apply the second coat immediately after applying the first. I noticed that this product has a tendency to dry fairly quick, and waiting too long in between coats could cause a severe case of tarantula lashes. 

Would I buy this again?
Most definitely! I have tried many mascara's from Benefit and MAC, to Lancome and Dior, and this surprisingly was by far my fave of the bunch. 

Here are some mascara tips that will help you nail your application every time!

Use a mascara primer to coat and separate lashes

For thicker, fuller lashes; mix your mascara. Apply one coat of lengthening mascara, then apply one coat of thickening mascara. 
After applying two coats of mascara, add a third coat to just the outer corners only; it will help define the shape of your eyes and lengthen your lashes. 
To prevent dots on your lower lash-line; wait 5-10 seconds before blinking.  

To make eyes appear brighter and wider, reach for an eyelash curler! You can curl your lashes before or after applying mascara [tip: warm the eyelash curler with a burst of warm air from your blow-dryer before using].  
  • Apply mascara in three easy steps: 
  1. Wiggle the wand near the base of your lashes [this darkens the area near the lash-line giving the illusion of thicker, plumper lashes]
  2. Pull the wand up the lashes still wiggling the wand as you make your way up [this helps keep the lashes separated]
  3. With your eyes closed, apply mascara to the top of your lashes near the base of the lash-line in the same wiggling motion, bringing the wand to the tip of the lashes

Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive