Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dermalogica Microfoliant Review - The Key to Glowing, Healthy, Clear Skin?


Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - $50 2.6oz

After reading rave reviews [and having rave reviews myself on the Demalogica brand] I bit the bullet a few months ago and purchased Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant. Prior to using the microfoliant, I had clear skin [thanks to their skin care system] however I wasn't satisfied with the size of my pores, and the fact that my skin seemed dull. I knew at some point I was going to need an exfoliant, but I was concerned about the effects that some exfoliants have on your skin.

I used Dermalogica's Microfoliant twice a week for about 3 weeks before I really started to see satisfactory results. It gently sloughs off layers of dead skin revealing skin that is smoother, softer, and brighter. This also fades dark spots left behind from blemishes, not to mention those pesky pores around my t-zone were visibly smaller. Is it worth the hefty price tag? Most definitely. Would I purchase again. Absolutely.

I would recommend this to anyone that wants to brighten up their skin, and reduce pore size. This is also wonderful for people like myself who have dark spots, and pesky blemishes. - If you do try this product, I recommend using it sparingly until you figure out how many applications your skin will need, as this can easily dry out your skin if used too frequently. 

For all of my frugal sistas out there who just happen to be mixtresses, you could mimic some of the properties of this microfoliant by creating a mixture using the following ingredients:

- Dried Yogurt Powder [Moisturizer]
- Dried Honey Powder [Moisturizer]
- Rice Powder [Gentle Exfoliant]
- Neem Powder [Antimicrobal Properties]

Use rose water, to create a paste; and apply to skin - I do plan on testing out a few formulas using plant extracts and essential oils to see if I can create a cheaper, more natural alternative to the Daily Microfoliant. If it's a success, I will definitely share the formula with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive