Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spanish Castle Magic | I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way; things I had no words for - Georgia O'Keeffe

I was really hesitant about this dress. At first I felt it was a little obnoxious for my liking, however I couldn't get over the colors and the dramatic length. The kicker was that it was only $5 at the Fairfax Flea Market, can you really debate over something that is only $5?

If you are ever in Los Angeles, and you dig vintage shopping whether it be clothing, art, or furniture, you should definitely check it out. Some of the clothing is a little overpriced, but there are always vendors there that have super bargains. Take a big bag if you plan on buying clothes, and bring some fabric softener sheets to throw in the bags with the clothes while you shop. Then wash the items when you get home, I like to soak them in a tub filled with Woolite, gently wash them, and then hang dry!

To get the poofy hair thing, I braided my hair in about 11 big braids then I let it set for about 5 hours. After several hours (5) I took the braids down, and because it wasn't dry all the way it began to S W E L L. Now this is cool if this is the look you are going for, but I don't get second day hair out of it!

This dress is super comfy, and dressy at the same time! Perfect for when you want to be comfortable, and feel somewhat glam. 
Dress: Thrifted, Necklace: DYI, Bracelets: F21, Sunnies: Michael Kors

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive