Thursday, March 11, 2010

Longer Stronger Nails | Essie Product Review + OPI Haul


For as long as I can remember, I have had a major problem with weak, brittle nails! I haven't worn acrylic nails in years, yet my nails are thin, and crack easily. I have tried almost everything under the sun, yet nothing worked.

I went to Ulta a while ago looking for new polish, and I ran across these two products by Essie. Desperate [yet with no real expectation], I bought them both. I experimented with both products and I have to say that I love them when used in conjunction with one another. I didn't get the same results when I used one product vs. the other. The 3-way glaze can actually be used as a base coat AND a top coat, however I got better results when I used this specifically as a top coat. 

After about three consecutive weeks of using both of these products, my nails no longer have those pesky cracks, dents, and ridges, and they are much stronger. I also like how the base coat and 3 way glaze gives me a cleaner, glossier, mani-pedi.

Here are the product claims for each product:
Essie Protein Base Coat ($8.00): Enriches nails using hydrolyzed vegetable proteins to promote strength and elasticity. Protein Base coat prevents breaking, cracking and chipping with a protein rich formula. For use after acrylics to improve nails. Also provides a strong foundation for healthy nails.

Essie 3-Way Glaze ($8.00): 3-Way Glaze is a base coat, topcoat and nail hardener all in one. 3-Way Glaze can be worn as a basecoat to naturally harden and effectively protect nail polish. Leaves nails with a high gloss finish. Apply 3-Way Glaze as a base coat on clean nails. After applying 2 coats of color, apply 3-Way Glaze as a topcoat to seal in color and strengthen nails.
Below are some of my new colors I picked up from ULTA

Top Left: Done Out In Deco - Top Right: Java Mauve-A

Bottom Left: Conquistadorable Color - Bottom Right: No Room For The Blues

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive