Monday, August 23, 2010

Bee Mine Curly Butter Revisited + New YouTube Video



Some of you may remember this product review I did on Bee Mine a few months ago. On August 16th, I received this comment that prompted me to want to revisit the product:
teachermrw said:...The Bee Hold Curly Hair Butter won't leave the hair soft and moisturized. It is an oil-based product, and not a water-based product. The first ingredient is unrefined shea butter, and not water. So, naturally, it won't be moisturizing. One would need to use a water-based product prior to using the Curly Hair Butter.
"teachermrw" You have a point there [lol], so this weekend I rummaged through my stash of products and decided to try the following combination:

Giovanni Direct [Leave-In]
Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade [To Seal In Moisture]
Bee Mine Curly Butter

The Method:
- I used inch-sized sections to twist my hair because I wanted more definition [more of a spiral vs a wave]
- I smoothed my hair with a denman brush prior to twisting [make sure your hair is detangled first]
- I allowed the twists to dry thoroughly before removing to reduce chances of frizz. 
- I separated my twists into as many sections as I could to create more volume

The Results:
The Verdict:
Two days later; my hair is extremely soft, still defined, and very, very shiny! I didn't have that crunchy feeling [coupled with a weird residue] that I had before, so Curly Butter is definitely here to stay. I would even go so far as saying this product is up there with Komaza Curl Pudding.

One of my other complaints was MAJOR shrinkage/loss of volume; as you can see in this video, neither of those is an issue!

Follow me on Twitter | Add me on Bloglovin' |   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive