Monday, August 30, 2010

Product Review: Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Repair Cream


Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Repair Cream has been has been on my radar for some time now. I've seen raves on many hair forums on how it contributes to amazing twist outs, and my buddy Lo swears by this product as well. I will admit that I was kinda iffy on whether or not a leave-in treatment would give me ultra defined curls, however I decided to give it a go anyway.

Product Claims [according to website]:
Cantu shea butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is made with real shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil in your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine.
Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream can be used on wet hair as an intensive moisturizing treatment or to tame frizz and fly-aways. 
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream helps…
  • moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients
  • soften, detangle and add shine to hair 
  • protect hair against heat and sun styling damage
  • provide extra protection from split ends and breakage 
The Verdict:
It did a great job of softening my hair, however I wouldn't say it gave me the amount of definition I would have liked. I would however like to use this underneath Komaza Care Coconut Pudding, Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter, or Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding to see how it fairs. At $5.00 a jar, I will definitely keep this in my styling arsenal and use it as a leave-in versus a styler. 

One thing I did notice about this product is that it left a slight waxy residue. I can attribute this to the fact that I used more than the recommended amount, as I applied a quarter size amount to each section of hair I twisted. I imagine the issue with residue will be eliminated once I use it as a leave-in conditioner vs a styling aid. 

Additional Thoughts:
If you're looking for something that gives mega definition to your twist outs/braid outs, opt for something that offers more hold and use this product underneath to keep it soft, hydrated, and manageable. 

This product is formulated to help control breakage and impart moisture, which makes it a wonderful inexpensive option for transitioners. 

Where To Find It:
Target
Walgreens
CVS
Rite Aid


Follow me on Twitter | Add me on Bloglovin' |   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive