Monday, August 23, 2010

Beauty Ethos: My Top Three Powder Blush Picks


When it comes to makeup, I have a pretty hard time finding blush that compliments my skin tone. The colors are either ashy against my skin, or practically non-existent. These are three of my absolute faves when it comes to powder blush; they may be a bit on the pricey side, but they are well worth their weight in gold. 
Nars Super Orgasm [$26] - This is a follow up to their best seller "Orgasm", and one of my favorite colors to wear when I want more of a clean, glowy look. The sheer coverage makes it the perfect pink for those on the lighter side, as well as us chocolaty girls! I also like to put a little bit of this color down the bridge of my nose, the center of my forehead, and the center of my chin because it makes an amazing highlighter. This flirty, shimmery, pink goes perfect with nude or muted pink lips.- I am wearing Nars Giza Lip Gloss.

Nars Torrid [$26] - This is more of a deep pinky color that also compliments most skin tones. I love to wear this with bold pink lips, as well as nude lipgloss. This blush offers what I call "buildable color", you can wear less for more of a sheer, natural glow, or you can layer it on [as pictured] for more intensity. This blush also makes the perfect accessory to smokey eyes as well! - I am wearing Intriguing Matte Lip Color by Stila
MAC Raizin [$18.50]: This is the perfect choice for those wishing to add a bit more color to their cheeks without going the pink route. This color looks amazing on darker skin tones, and enhances cheek bones quite nicely. Because the color is a little on the darker side, I reserve this for more dramatic looks. - I am wearing my NSFW Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.

Hair Clip Courtesy of Ododo Originals!- My hair is styled in a twist-out, and the tutorial for that can be found here!


Follow me on Twitter | Add me on Bloglovin' |   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive