Friday, August 6, 2010

Blow Outs | Curly Fro's & Twist Outs!


Yesterday I posted a list of my staple products, so today I wanted to give you a little curlspiration to start your weekend off right! Here's my take on each of these looks:

Blow Out: 
Use an Ionic blow dryer: I recommend all curly girls invest in a ionic blow dryer! Ionic dryers produce negative ions, resulting in cuticles that remain flat. Flat cuticles equals more moisture retention, sheen, and body.
Denman Brush: I love this tool for sleek for blow outs, I actually prefer this for blowing out hair versus using it as a detangling brush. It provides great "grip" ensuring a nice smooth, sleek finish.

Full Curly Fro/Twist Out:
If your hair is anything like mine, well then it takes major prodding for it to get somewhat of a decent curl. For more of a fuller look, make smaller twists and allow to dry 75%. Then unravel twists, and diffuse the roots of your hair using the medium heat setting until your hair is the desired fullness. [as you diffuse, it should get big]
Komaza Coconut Curl Pudding & Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding are two of my favorite products to use for a look like this. I find that these products work best for me when I want to achieve bigger, more free flowing hair, as opposed to butter-based products which tend to weigh my hair down a bit.

Fro-Licious Fro's:
This isn't about curl definition, or perfection. This is an unapologetic in-your-face fro. Start off on freshly towel dried hair, and make about 4 sections. Detangle each section, and use a good creamy leave-in conditioner, followed by your favorite heavy moisturizer.
Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Creme & Oyin's Whipped Pudding are two of my favorite products I deem extremely moisturizing. Some good leave-ins are Paul Mitchell, The Conditioner & Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia [formally known as hair milk] <-Love using this as a leave-in

Wash N Go's:
There are many methods to achieving a fabulous wash n go; so I will focus more on my favorite tools.
Microfiber Towel [or you can try the budget fashionista method of using an old t-shirt] - I recommend every gal own a microfiber towel. I use this to gently wring out my hair before applying my hair gel. - Using a regular towel causes frizzy hair, but it can also cause split ends as well. You want to take care not to disrupt your curl pattern as you towel dry, which is why a microfiber towel/t-shirt will be your best friend!
Denman Brush: I tried raking product through my hair with a Denman brush [after my hair has been thoroughly detangled], and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Instant popping of the curls ladies and gents!
Eco Styler Gel w/Olive Oil: Pretty much the only thing that has consistently given me a decent wash n go! Check out my mini review/pics here: To check out my wash and go method, watch this video!

I think I am going to break out the diffuser and do a massive curly-fro this weekend!  What are you doing to your hair this weekend?


 All pics courtesy of KurlyKinkyKeekeers


Follow me on Twitter | Add me on Bloglovin' |  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive