Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Product Review: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Line


Recently I had the opportunity to select some products from the Carol's Daughter line to review, so I decided to choose the Hair Milk Line, as well as the Tui Leave-In Conditioner.

My Thoughts On The Shampoo: There aren't too many shampoo's out there that can win my favor, but this one is definitely a keeper. Even though it is SLS free [which is a major plus], it still managed to get my hair clean without that squeaky, stripped feeling. The bonus? My hair was soft, shiny, and full of curls!
I had to take a picture of this because you know I am usually one to complain that I have zero curl definition; this definitely lived up to it's claim! The pics really don't do it justice!

My Thoughts On The Conditioner: This conditioner is THICK which is a good thing considering my hair laughs at any conditioner thinner than the consistency of yogurt. I used this without heat so I would truly know how this product worked; needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Usually any conditioner that works well without the assistance of heat is a friend of mine. My hair was soft, manageable, shiny, and the curls were poppin'!

My Thoughts On The Tui Leave-In: I used this before adding the hair milk curl booster, and it made detangling my hair a breeze. I separated my hair in about six sections, and lightly spritzed each section prior to detangling. I like that this is light enough to use for free flowing hair styles, as it doesn't leave a sticky, tacky residue; just soft shiny hair. This will definitely be a staple for wash n go's, refreshing twists, and daily moisturizing.

My Thoughts On The Hair Milk Curl Booster: I'm going to have to say this is my favorite out of the bunch. I was a little worried that the consistency of this wouldn't quench my curls, however it did that and then some. It managed to moisturize my hair without leaving a greasy residue, which I appreciate greatly. For once my curls were defined without cooing and prodding. Because my curls were so defined from using the products above, I decided to add a little bit of gel and wear my hair curly for the day!  

Here's the pic:[I swear I don't do my hair while in heavy eye make up, it was for a YouTube tut]


I suppose that giddy grin means I am happy with my new products...lol

A day later I decided to shampoo, condition, and moisturize my hair [with the same products]; I then twisted it using only the Tui Leave-In & Hair Milk Curl Booster as my stylers. I let it dry overnight, and untwisted my hair in the morning. Hello curl definition!  
This was the finished product:

Would I purchase these? Definitely. Any product that works to keep my hair soft, shiny, and free of frizz whilst enhancing curl definition is a keeper. That takes the 95% of the fuss out of doing my hair, as lack of definition, and moisture is usually what precedes a bad hair day.

A little bit about The Hair Milk Line [according to the website]:
Hair Milk Curl Perfecting Shampoo [$16 10oz]: A nourishing shampoo for the type of hair that needs it most...curls. Cuts frizz, gently removes dirt, oil and product build-up. Made with essential oils plus Vitamin A to help condition the scalp and keep moisture in. Gives curls what they need for that desired healthy, bouncy look.
Pro-vitamin B5 (Panthenol) – Helps minimize tangles and balance moisture
Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate) – Scalp conditioner that also protects from moisture loss. Plus protects from environmental damage.
Vitamin E (Tocopherol) – Conditioner that protects from environmental damage.
Essential Oils of Orange and Lemon
Paraben-Free, No Petroleum, Mineral Oil or Artificial Color
SLS/SLES/Sulfate-Free

Hair Milk Curl Perfecting Conditioner [$19 10oz]: The perfect companion to our nourishing, Curl Perfecting Shampoo. An indulgent, penetrating, moisture treatment that restores while supporting healthy-looking natural curls. Made with essential oils plus Pro-Vitamin B5 and Biotin to help replenish and strengthen hair with the natural nutrients it’s thirsting for, leaving your curls under control…which is where they belong.
Pro-vitamin B5 (Panthenol) – Helps minimize tangles and balance moisture
Biotin (Vitamin H): Strengthens hair follicles and helps promote healthy hair.
Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate) - A Vitamin A derivative known for its antioxidant properties and acts as a scalp conditioning agent. It also protects against moisture loss and environmental damage.
Vitamin E (Tocopherol) – An antioxidant and conditioning agent that protects hair from environmental damage.
Essential Oils of Orange and Lemon
Paraben-Free, No Petroleum, Mineral Oil or Artificial Color

Hair Milk Lite: The Curl Booster [$9-20 2oz - 10oz]: A curl’s best friend. A curl boosting, weightless lotion that tames frizz while defining your curls. Adapted from our famous original formula, Hair Milk Lite is made with essential oil of Lemon and Vitamin C for an extra light, moisturizing hold.
Apricot Kernel Oil - Increases moisture
Cocoa & Shea Butter - Conditions the scalp and hair
Vitamin C - Protects from environmental damage
Lemon Essential Oil - Gives this formula it’s energizing and uplifting fragrance
Paraben-Free, No Petroleum, Mineral Oil or Artificial Color
Tui Leave-In Conditioner [$12 8oz]: The Tui Leave-in-Conditioner is a delicious herbal blend that weightlessly conditions with hydrating ingredients while controlling fly-aways, unmanageable hair and restoring hair’s natural health. Used as a daily leave-in or revitalizing mist, Tui Leave-in Conditioner’s excellent detangling properties replenish essential moisture delivering a delightful cocktail of fruit fragrances!
  • Replenishes essential moisture, controls fly-aways and unmanageable hair
  • No harsh, moisture-stripping detergents
  • Infused with lavender, calendula, chamomile, rose, marigold and larkspur flowers
  • Paraben-free, No Petroleum, No Mineral Oil, No Artificial Color
Follow me on Twitter | Add me on Bloglovin' |    

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Followers

    Search This Blog

    Blog Archive