Monday, February 22, 2010

Red Velvet Cuppies



I have been on somewhat of a cooking/baking kick lately. When the urge to cook comes over me, I can always count on Food Network, and Epicurious to deliver yummy recipe's. So it's not surprising that this recipe courtesy Food Network didn't disappoint, in fact it has secured a spot in my go-to box for pot lucks, and special occasions.  If you have ever been to Sylvia's in New York, then you will by flying by the seat of your pants to the nearest grocery store to pick up the ingredients for this recipe [hopefully]! If not, you may want to trust me on this one, this is hands down my fav!

For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) cake pans. In a medium bowl or on a piece of waxed paper, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Beat in eggs one at a time. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk. Beat in food coloring and vinegar, then add vanilla. Add the batter evenly in the cupcake liners. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack to cool. 

For the frosting: In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter. Beat in confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Use frosting to fill and ice cake.

 Make sure you use a sifter! It makes all the difference :-)
I use a disposable pastry bag to fill the cupcake liners
I add my Wilton cake decorating tip, fill my pastry bag up with room temp frosting, and start adding the frosting to the outside of the cupcake first
 ....Working my way towards the middle
I added little candy hearts on top!
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive