Monday, February 22, 2010

Sometimes Less is More - My Best Braid Out to Date

Today I attempted another braid out, and I must say I was quite pleased with the results. By using less products this time around, I was able to achieve hair that had a lot more sheen, body, and softness.
Here's what I did to get this look:
Clarified with L'anza Daily Clarifying Shampoo followed by Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Conditioned with L'anza Nourishing Conditioner
Used Paul Mitchell The Conditioner [Leave-In]
Braided hair using Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
Spritzed Oyin Handmade Juices & Berries on my hair after I finished all of the braids

This is the size of the braids, it generally takes me about 45 minutes to braid my entire head - I allowed my hair to dry for 6-8 hours prior to taking down the braids. To aid in the takedown process, I used a smidgen Afroveda Citrus Sunsilk Hair Oil.
This is what my hair looks like after I take the braids down. I haven't separated the "crinkles" at this point.
Another view of hair before separating
 Here's my hair after fluffing, and separating. As you can see, I have a lot more volume.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive