Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2 DIY Headbands + Hair Clip | Imagination Is The Beginning of Creation. You Imagine What You Desire, You Will What You Imagine and at Last You Create What You Will - George Bernard Shaw


This is a super quick tutorial; perfect for anyone that wants to skip the long drawn out rigmarole, and get straight to the goods. This is instant gratification at its best.

I found these cool feathers downtown in the fashion district [sorry can't remember the name], and depending on where you snag them; they may be a little pricey [they typically go from $5-10 each]. I bought the headbands and comb from Walgreens, and because I wanted the feather to be the focal point, I used the thinnest headband I could find. 

I made both headbands and comb in under 30 minutes [including photographing them]. Not bad eh?

You Will Need:
Feathers
Glue Gun
Headband
Hair Comb
Some sort of rhinestone accent piece [broken jewelry is perfect for this project]
If you used broken jewelry [or in my case an over-sized button] cut the protruding area in the back off with a pair of wire cutters.
Glue the accent piece near the bottom portion of your feather [I think this is guinea; I used a glue gun FYI]
Apply glue to the headband, and press the feather on top; hold until secure, and glue is dry

Repeat the same steps for the second headband [I decided to forgo the rhinestone on this piece]

Glue your comb onto the third feather [the feather contours to the comb]

Finished Feather Hair Comb :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive