Tuesday, April 20, 2010

SF In Pictures | Man Cannot Discover New Oceans Unless He Has The Courage To Lose Sight Of The Shore - Andre Gide


I mentioned in my last post that I took a trip to San Francisco to boost my creative juices [I was in a creative rut] and to also get a little R&R. I left my house sans my notepad, and decided to capture inspiration using photos instead. Now I didn't need to go all the way to San Fran; but being there puts me in such a special place creatively, I decided to treat myself.

The architecture in San Francisco is absolutely amazing, so I wanted to focus on that for this trip. I snapped pics of buildings [amongst other things], and my new fav; street signs. I plan to channel the inspiration gained from these pics into some of my jewelry, and other creative ventures.

If you plan on taking a day to get some creative refill; here are a few tips:
- Get adequate rest, and a well rounded breakfast.
- Start shooting early so that you can utilize natural light
- Visit a location that you wouldn't normally visit
- Bring an ipod with you, and shoot to music you normally don't listen to
- Don't be rigidly attached to one particular theme, shoot whatever inspires you, you can categorize them later
- Open an online "photo storing" account [preferably one like Flickr where you can interact with others that have similar interests]
- Organize your photos into themes [street signs, buildings, trolley's] so that you can quickly reference them
- Experiment with different "perspectives" Picture #1 and Picture #7 are of the same buildings, just a different perspective


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive