Monday, April 5, 2010

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Swatches + First Attempt at Bold Color


This past Friday, I ran all over town looking for NYX Cosmetics; those Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils in particular. It seemed like they were being raved about in almost every YouTube video I watched, so I wanted to get a piece of the action. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical, as I haven't worn drugstore cosmetics since high-school, and from what I can remember the quality wasn't all that great. My expectations were low, but at 1.99 a pop, I figured I didn't have much to lose.

I was also trying to find Milani eyeshadow as well but apparently everyone in Valley Village got the memo [that these were super pigmented shadows] because they were gone EVERYWHERE. I went to Walgreen's, CVS, and Rite Aid. Zip, zilch, nada.

For my Cali ladies, the best place to find NYX makeup is at one of those Chinese-owned beauty supply's, or even one of those little discount clothing stores. They also sell NYX at ULTA, but the prices are a bit more than at the aforementioned stores. 


I purchased 7 of these pencils, and after playing around with them a bit, I will definitely purchase more. They glide on smooth, and they are SUPER PIGMENTED, even against my skin color. I seriously like these better than my MAC Shadesticks.

If you want to make your eyeshadow pop, prime your lid [I bought Urban Decay Primer Potion], then pick a NYX pencil that is closet to your eyeshadow, and apply it to your entire lid. Pack your eyeshadow on top, and blend it out [my blending skills aren't the best, I am still learning].

Here are the products I used to achieve this look:
+ Urban Decay Primer Potion - All over lid
+ "Pacific" NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil -  All over lid
+ Stila Borealis Eyshadow Duo Pan - I used the lighter color on my inner lid, and the darker color on my outer lid, winging it out a bit
+ NARS Meykong - On the outer lid to slightly darken the outer corners of my eyes

++ I also applied the same colors on my lower lid

These are the swatches of my Jumbo Eye Pencils, I honestly don't think this pic does it any justice. The colors are much more vibrant. Today I am going to run out and purchase some of the eyeshadow as well! 


With Flash: [From Left to Right; Yogurt, Lemon, French Fries, Pots & Pans, Iced Mocha, Gold, Pacific]
As you can see, the second color from the left is "Lemon" but it is not a lemon-y color at all, it is more of a greenish jade color.

Without Flash


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive