Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hair Quick Tip: Eat Your Way To Healthy Hair


There was a period of time in the beginning of my hair journey that I had so much breakage, I thought for sure I would lose all of my hair. What I didn't know was that factors outside of my daily hair regimen could also contribute to breakage and excess shedding. One of the most important factors that people tend to overlook is their diet. When formulating your hair regimen, be sure to take into account your dietary needs. Healthy hair starts from the inside out, and since hair is comprised mostly of protein, breakage can occur if your protein intake is low. It is suggested that you consume between 35-50 grams of protein a day, this protein can come in the form of nuts, soy, lean meats, and low fat dairy just to name a few. It is also suggested that you consume protein with fatty acids, as these play a vital role in maintaining the strength of your tresses. You can find fatty acids in most nuts [especially walnuts], and in oily fish such as tuna, salmon, and trout. Also, recent studies suggest that soy protein helps with hair growth, so sub soy milk in your morning latte, or throw some tofu in your stir fry in lieu of chicken.

A "healthy hair diet" should also include the following vitamins:

Vitamin K: Soybeans, wheat, dairy, lettuce, cabbage

Vitamin E [Helps w/Hair Loss]: Whole Grains, Rice Bran, Avocados

Vitamin A: Broccoli, Squash, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes

Vitamin C: Citrus Fruits

Vitamin B: Nuts, Beans, Green Vegetables

[This is a pic of my hair after using KeraCare Super Reconstructor]

If you have restructured your diet, have an air-tight hair regimen, and you are still experiencing severe breakage, it may be time to break out some serious reinforcements. For that I recommend KeraCare Super Reconstructor: Honestly guys, this stuff is very pricey [$32 for 8oz]. But in my opinion it is worth every cent! I have tried everything from Aphogee to Nexxus Emergencee and it doesn't come close to this product. This is a hard core protein treatment I use when my hair just isn't cooperating [like not being able to maintain moisture, excessive breakage, etc] - I don't have to reach for it often, but when I do, this does the trick!

After using a serious protein treatment like this, I normally follow up with the Xtreme Deep Conditioning Method outlined in this video. The result is shiny, strong, soft manageable hair!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive