Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hot Honey/Oil Treatment


Last night I did a hot honey/oil treatment and Whoa Nelly! Oil + Honey = shiny, soft hair! I decided to use Brazil Nut oil because it acts as a mega conditioner, leaving your hair soft, and manageable. The addition of honey was for more sheen and also for it's humectant properties. Humectants attract water molecules [moisture] and binds them along your hair shaft. This results in hair that is properly hydrated, and less likely to break. This is a great treatment to try during these warm summer months if you are having issues retaining moisture.


Note: I use the double broiler method because sometimes heating up natural oils/butters in the microwave can kill a lot of their nutrients & moisturizing properties.

Here's what you will need:
Small Bowl
Small Saucepan
Honey
Spoon


Here's what you do:
Fill your saucepan halfway w/water, and bring to a boil
Place your small bowl in the saucepan of water [like a double broiler]
Immediately add honey + Brazil Nut oil until it is the consistency of conditioner
Once the mixture is warm to the touch, remove the bowl from the heat
Apply mixture to WET hair, you can either do this as a pre-poo, or as a conditioner
Cover hair w/plastic cap and allow to sit for 30-40 minutes - You can sit under a dryer, or even a steamer!

Also, for all of you who asked about my scalp massages [mentioned in my previous post] here's the skinny: I use an equal mix of Kesavardhini Oil + Bhringraj Oil + Nagachampa Scalp Oil - These were all purchased at Pioneer Cash & Carry in Artesia Ca [Indian Grocery Store]. I can provide pics & ingredient info when I get back home!

I would massage my scalp three times weekly, once on wash day [after conditioning], then two additional days at my leisure. I used about a quarter size amount of the oil mixture, and concentrated on my scalp only. It is actually good to sit in a chair, laying back as far as you can while performing the massage [this is purported to help increase blood circulation].  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive