Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'll Remember

Hi Everyone, Hope your all doing well, I am doing good. 23 years ago today my Father passed away. Although I knew he was sick with heart disease, I still felt he would never leave. I believe his purpose in life was to care for my mother and his children, along with his family. Once that was fulfilled he was gone at the young age of 53yrs old. I wrote this poem for him for a Father's day present that year, instead it was read at his funeral by someone else because I did not have the strength to do so. I was so touched when after he passed my siblings and I went through his things in his room. He had saved a few of the Father's day and Birthday cards I gave him. Inside they all said don't know what I would do without you, love you. I also took home his dog tags. So I remember his strength and courage everyday of my life. Most of all I remember his love. Thanks for coming through to Sandy for me. You are still taking care of me from the other side and that has brought me the peace that I have needed for the last 23 yrs. I love you so, so much and thank you for all you instilled in me. I am so glad to have had you in my life for 23 years. After my father passed my mother would shut off her TV in the afternoon and dance to this song from the Moody Blues and remember her life with my father. I wish I did not have to drive by the Boston Globe today where he passed away, but I finally have the time to go see JD today.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)

On this Fathers day
we want you to know
how much we appreciate
that through all the hard
times you didn't go.
through thick or thin
till death do us part
you never let the love
of your family leave
your heart

On this day you deserve
our praise
if we only knew the exact
words to say.
you should have had received
the man of the year,
brought about all mankind
for a cheer

But since these things
are out of our touch
let us thank you so much
oh so very much

"Albert James Buresh II"
Fondly remembered



Every day I Remember your love Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive