Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We Are All Faced With A Series Of Great Opportunities Brilliantly Disguised As Impossible Situations. - Charles R. Swindoll

 The waiter told me to prepare myself for the best hot cocoa ever....he was right!

Lo and I had yet another meeting of the minds last night. This time the meeting commenced at Bricks & Scones, my new favorite Larchmont hang-out. This cafe boasts a beautiful garden setting, free wifi, and a laid back attitude that makes you feel like you can settle in for hours. Not to mention the prices are so low, you don't think twice about asking for seconds.

Part of this meeting was all about letting go of our attachment to "material possessions". We both agreed that it was time to do some material downsizing. I have a tendency to hold on to objects because they make me feel comfortable or secure, however holding on to "things" that no longer have a value in my life seldom satisfies my need for true happiness and fulfillment. It is only when I remove those inanimate objects and replace them with positive, substantial feelings and emotions that I will truly be free.

We are both making a conscious effort to fill our spaces with only the things we need, as this will lead to us having more of a practical relationship with "material possessions" versus being dependent on them.

Love the outside! 

Lo!

Me!

My indulgence for the day, a mini carrot cupcake!

Wearing: Hat: Vintage + Dress: Forever 21 + Scarf: H&M + Bracelet: Aldo Accessories

403 N. Larchmont Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
323.463.0811

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive