Thursday, June 10, 2010

Why I Fell In Love With Donna Marie Lock & Twist Pudding + Pics

 
Beauty By Donna Marie, Lock & Twist Pudding - 8oz - $10.00 
Still on the quest for the perfect ten of puddings and custards, I whipped out the Donna Marie Lock & Twist Pudding last night from my styling arsenal, and began to use it for my twistout. I have to say that I am quite pleased with the results, although I got a ton of shrinkage, my hair is defined, soft, shiny, and has an incredible amount of body.

Prior to twisting, I shampooed my hair with Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo and followed up with KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. I then deep conditioned my hair with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration mixed with a bit of honey for about 30minutes with heat.

I didn't use any secondary stylers with this product, because I wanted to see how it worked on it's own. The only other product I had in my hair was Paul Mitchell The Conditioner which is a leave-in. The consistency of Donna Marie Lock & Twist Pudding is like that of a custard-like product, however it gives you the hold that a gel would, without the residue and "crunchy" feeling. This also keeps your twists from unraveling which plays a major role in definition, and is also great if you wear your hair in two strand twists. I also loved the fact that I could separate the hair as much as I wanted without the frizzy, stiff, undefined look.

My only complaint about this product is it's availability; it took about a month for it to finally become available on the website [it was always sold out], and even now I am unsure as to when she will have more in stock [I don't even see the option to order, but I am sending her an email to get the 411]. Overall I am extremely pleased with this product, and will continue to alternate between this and the Komaza Coconut Hair Pudding.


I did about 20-25 twists all together - Notice the shrinkage, my hair is about neck length here. 

Other views of my hair:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive