Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Be Just Who You Are; Make No Apologies!

One of my favorite quotes of all. This is on my bathroom mirror for me to see every morning. I want everyone out there to believe these words, because I truly believe that we are all meant to shine if we just give ourselves the opportunity to do so.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Marianne Williamson
-- Marianne Williamson lectures every Tuesday night [7:30PM] in Los Angeles at the Regent Showcase Theatre. Needless to say, I will be there next Tuesday for continued spiritual guidance, and insight. If any of you in the L.A area happen to stop by, make sure to say hello so we can chat for awhile!


More pics of me making the most of my self-timer, tripod, and backdrop. I am working on a 365-day project in which you take a self-portrait every day for one year. I am curious to see how long I can keep this going, and I can't wait to show you all what I do with it!

This is a twist out I did last night using Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme, surprisingly guys I am quite pleased with the results. I had a 16oz jar in my cabinet that I planned on passing down to anyone willing to take it off my hands, but now I am forced to renege. My hair is very defined, soft, shiny, and big, I was afraid that this wouldn't have much hold because it seems to be marketed as more of a "moisturizing product" however that wasn't the case.

I was completely out of my "staple" hair products last night [w/the exception of Paul Mitchell The Condish], so I used things that I had stashed away. Prior to twisting, I shampooed my hair with Goldwell Kerasilk Shampoo, and conditioned with V05 Moisture Milk Strawberries and Creme for about 45minutes w/o heat. I then used Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as a leave-in, and twisted with the Miss Jessie's Buttercreme. I let the twists air-dry overnight, and separated them until I got the desired fullness.

Make Up
Eyeshadow: Mekong [NARS]
Blush: Taj Mahal [NARS]
Lip Liner: Flesh [Ulta Brand]
Lipstick: Circe [NYX]
Lashes: Red Cherry [102]

To the folks requesting a tut on the make-up look from the last post, I will have it up this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive