Friday, May 21, 2010

Don't Lower Your Expectations To Meet Your Performance. Raise Your Level Of Performance To Meet Your Expectations. Expect The Best Of Yourself, And Then Do What Is Necessary To Make It A Reality. - Ralph Marston

I have never been so happy to see Friday in my life! It's been a long, long week; and I am not the least bit sad to see it go. I have a pile of vintage clothing that I will be working on all this weekend; mending, removing stains, pressing pleats etc. And I am taking a mini road trip to an old barn to check out this ladies collection of Edwardian nightgowns, and pinup lingerie. Keep your fingers crossed, as I don't know what to expect; hopefully the items are in good condition. Oftentimes when you come across items that old; they are ridden with moth holes. One other tip I forgot to mention when it comes to buying old clothes, is to store them in a freezer if possible for about 48-72 hours. This is to kill any moths, and moth eggs that might be present. 

If any of you lovelies hit it big during your treasure hunting this weekend, please do share your finds [many of you sent me emails stating you were going to estate sales this weekend]! Good luck, and don't go overboard, as it's definitely possible!

I am wearing my "Beetlejuice" tights again from H&M, these tights come two in a pack for $5.95 [they come with the striped pair pictured, and a dotted pattern] which is pretty good considering I will be in tights for the next 3 months. I got second degree burns on my ankle while working with hot glue a few months ago, and to prevent discoloration of my skin while healing, I need to keep it out of direct sunlight for at least 6 months.
Some of you may remember these shoes from this post, they are super comfy. Even when I wear them in impractical situations like walking in a barn...lol

Wearing:
Dress: Marciano
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Michael Kors
Blazer: H&M
Jewelry: Forever 21

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive