Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Sunday Morning: Hodgepodge Edition/My Recent Estate Sale Finds


This past weekend, I went to an estate sale in Glendale. The woman that lived there must have been a compulsive shopper, as she had an entire room converted into a closet! Most of the clothing still had the tags attached, and were in impeccable condition. All of the clothing was about $2 a piece, with the exception of some $1 items! I left with loads of clothing, belts & purses!

I definitely favor estate sales over thrifting because the clothing seems to be in better condition; and often times the prices are much more reasonable than shopping in thrift stores. -

 
1) 60s Camel/Wool Suit - This suit was in impeccable condition; I thought it would be fun to pair with my vintage I Magnin hat. This look is very "Mad Men".

2) Everything pictured came from the estate sale [except tights & hat]; and was brand new with tags.

3) This wool blazer, poly shirt, shorts, and top was also purchased at the estate sale!

4)Cream pin-tuck polyester shirt w/tan shorts & Mexican inspired belt - These items appeared to have never been worn. I paired it with a vintage floppy hat; and felt very "Mahogany" lol

5) White & Blue Striped Romper; if you look closely, you can still see the tag attached [by my right arm].

6) Heavy Sequin Trophy Jacket - The pictures do not do this jacket justice. The jeweled buttons are nothing less than exquisite; and the sequined paisley print on the top of the jacket is a nice little embellishment.

7) Sequin Scalloped Beaded Slouchy Top - This was another impeccable find straight from her closet. I love the slouchy fit of this top!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive