Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Details: My Straight Hair Regimen

 
I received quite a few emails yesterday on how I care for my hair when it's pressed; so I thought I would dedicate a post to it. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments so that I can answer them for others!

I intend on wearing my hair straight for about a month, so I will not shampoo during that time [Because I don't want to use heat again until December].  I usually skip the daily moisturizing when my hair is pressed because doing so tends to weigh my hair down, and make it very oily. - I do however add a smidgen of Vatika Oil to my ends, and hairline about once every 3 days, this keeps my ends very happy. When I go to sleep at night, I put my hair in two loose bantu knots and tie a silk scarf on my head; in the morning I brush it out w/a large paddle brush, and it gives me the look you see pictured above.

When I am at home, my hair is usually under a silk scarf that keeps my hair from rubbing against my clothing. This prevents any unnecessary splits, and breakage. I also want to mention that I do not "touch up" my hair with heat once I have initially pressed/flat ironed it. If you notice your hair is a little "poofy" from the humidity, wrap your hair and secure it tightly with a silk scarf; leave your hair wrapped for a few hours, and it should be straight again once you unwrap it.

If I am bored w/the straight look; instead of using direct heat I may opt for a bantu knot out, pin curls, braid out, or the Caruso Roller Set [which is my favorite].

My Favorite Products To Use When Going For & Maintaining The Straight Look;
-Sebastian Potion Number 9 Leave In Conditioner
- Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream
- Aveda Damage Protection [Heat Protectant]
- Chi Silk Infusion [A couple of drops before blowdrying]
- Vatika Oil
- Large Paddle Brush
- Round Brush [For Blow drying]
- 100% Silk Scarf

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive