Thursday, May 27, 2010

My "Beauty Bag" Staples


I'm pretty much a no-fuss girl most of the times, but there are a few products that I can't leave the house without! Here they are in no particular order;

MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked - Well groomed eyebrows can really make you look flawless and fresh-faced even sans makeup. Some people say your eyebrows should be the same color as your hair; I say maybe a shade darker for light-haired women, and a shade lighter for dark-haired women. My hair is jet black, but I never use a black eyebrow pencil, it is too harsh.When using an eyebrow pencil, make short soft strokes, then blend in with a firm eyebrow brush.

Smith's Rosebud Salve - I love this all purpose salve; I use it on my hands, elbows, cuticles, arms, and of course on my lips. It has a slight "rosy" scent which I love. A tin lasts me about 8 months to a year!

Benefit Bad Gal Mascara - This is the ultimate day time go-to mascara! It makes my lashes thick, and dark without giving me tarantula eyes. In fact I dare to say that it doesn't even look like I am wearing mascara when I use this. I use Bad Gal Mascara to make my eyes pop [along with defining my brows] on those days I am makeup free.

Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes - Pretty much the best darn eyeliner I have used to date. It goes on smooth, and intense. And it's definitely worth it's weight in gold. After shelling out $17.00 for an eye pencil I was expecting waterproof, intense, long lasting color; and that is exactly what I got.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - I got everyone I know hooked on this stuff. I use this on the days I don't want to wear foundation, and I want a nice glow. I would say this offers low coverage for pores and blemishes, and offers a soft focus matte finish. If I had to pick ONE piece of makeup to take with me on a deserted island; this would definitely be it.

MAC Select Coverup - I swear by this stuff, before I used it solely underneath my eyes. Now, I use it over every blemish! I dab this magic potion over any dark spot, and uneven area on my skin prior to applying my foundation. The result is an even palette ensuring a flawless finish once I apply my foundation. I also apply it around my mouth for making my red lips pop, and also around my eyebrows to enhance the arch.
Beauty Blender - I profess my love to my Beauty Blender at least once a week, because that is how often I use it. If you are looking for a product that gives you a flawless, airbrushed-like application; this is your best bet. I lightly wet it, then dip it in foundation and apply the makeup to my face using a "stippling" like motion.

I am always looking for the next best beauty product, what are some of your staples?
Products Mentioned In This Post:
MAC Eyebrow Pencil
Smith's Rosebud Salve
Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish
MAC Select Coverup
Beauty Blender

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive