Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Hair Now: Bed Head

This is how I have been wearing my hair as of late; because honestly my hair just gets too "blah" after the first week. I have to be semi-creative because I do not like doing "touch-ups", or curling it w/a curling iron once I have already straightened it [I am trying to minimize my use of direct heat].


This style is pretty easy to do; and takes about 5 minutes [I usually do this before bedtime] which is a plus. This is how I achieve this look:


Grab sections of hair, and twist the hair onto itself until you form a knot [known as Bantu Knots]; secure the hair and any loose ends with a bobby pin.

I do not use ANY product when doing this because I don't want it stiff and stuck together. I want a free-flowing style with body and waves.

I make about 5-6 knots on my head; in no particular order. It doesn't even matter if they are all the same size [oftentimes I don't even look in the mirror when I do this]



Tie a silk scarf on your head; and let the style set overnight.

Take your hair down in the morning; you should be left w/nice deep waves. The tighter the Bantu Knot, the deeper the wave [my waves are always loose because my "knotting skills" aren't up to par].

That's pretty much it folks; fluff and go!

** For the people asking me how I keep my hair "straight" without touching it up; I simply put a scarf on my head the minute I get in the house. I notice if I keep my hair "under a scarf", the hair remains smoother & straighter longer vs not wearing a scarf until bedtime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive