Monday, May 10, 2010

May Length Check!

 
I am not one for frequent length checks, or measuring my hair because it will drive me insane. Ultimately my goal is to have a healthy, thick head of hair, so length isn't that important to me.  It has been almost seven months since I straightened and trimmed last, so it was definitely time to take a peak under the hood. I was almost grazing BSL after my last trim, so my hair definitely grew significantly.

The hardest part was growing out my layers; the sides and crown area is still shorter than the rest, but it is catching up much faster than I thought it would!

I thought my ends were going to be in super yucky condition after not trimming in 7 months, but surprisingly they weren't as bad as I expected. I normally get about a 1inch trim so that everything is nice and even, and to rid myself of thin, see-through areas. - All of these pics are PRE-TRIM


 
I think I am giving up on pressing my own hair, the longer it gets; the worse I get at it. Not to mention it takes entirely too long.
 
I used my favorite products; Sebastian Potion Number 9 Leave In, Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream, and Aveda Heat Protectant - My hair feels soft, smooth, and has tons of body even with those products [which is why I love them]. 
 
Another gratuitous movement shot
 
 
All of these pics were taken PRE-TRIM; I like to wrap my hair overnight FIRST because it gives me a better idea of how much needs to come off [wrapping smooths my hair quite nicely]. I will most likely have an inch taken off all over.  The blue shirt is positioned about an inch ABOVE waist-length.

I will most likely leave my hair like this for a month [without shampooing], and it's back to business per usual. My next length check/press/trim will be in Dec.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive